1kg whole king prawns
8 cloves garlic, skin on
½ tsp caster sugar
1 tsp dried oregano (use Mexican if available)
pinch ground cloves
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup apple cider vinegar
⅓ cup olive oil
sea salt, to taste
1 medium red capsicum
½ red onion
1 jalapeños, finely diced
¼ cup packed coriander leaves
2 ripe avocados
¼ cup lime juice
Salt & pepper
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cumin
2 x eggs
3 cups fresh corn kernels
1/2 cup spring onions
1/4 cup coriander
- To make marinade- wrap the garlic cloves (with skin on) in foil and place in the Ozpig Oven Smoker at 350fn (180c). Roast for about 30 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out the garlic into a mortar. Add sugar, oregano and spices and pound to form a smooth paste. Combine with vinegar, then place the mixture into a bowl. Whisk in oil and season to taste
- Peel & devein prawns, add to the marinade and leave in a refrigerator for about half an hour.
- For corn cakes mix flour, baking powder, sugar & cumin in bowl. Crack eggs into brown with milk & whisk. Gradually add egg & milk mix into flour stirring till lumps are removed. Stir in spring onions, corn & coriander. Mix to combine.
- Heat fry pan, oil, when pan is at medium heat scoop half mix into pan, fry, covered with wok. Cook 6 min & flip, cook for another 5-6 minutes. Remove to board. Cook 2nd cake.
- Slice capsicum in half and deseed. Finely cut into 5mm dice. Place in a large mixing bowl. Dice onion, jalapeños the same size and add to the bowl, chop coriander add to bowl. Cut the avocado into large dice and add to the bowl with the lime juice. Season to taste and toss gently. For better flavour, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer.
- Heat Ozpig wok to a medium heat hot heat, Fry prawns in 2 batches for a minute or two on each side, then place on a plate, covered with foil, to rest for a minute.
- Serve prawns with salsa & corn cake.
- Blacken the skin of the veggies in a skillet and once they are all brown and soft blend to a chunky consistency with the water.
Product Specification Table
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm
|26cm diameter round plate &
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
THERE'S AN OZPIG FOR EVERYONE!
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
TIPS AND TRICKS
GET TO KNOW YOUR OZPIG
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.
OZPIG OVEN SMOKER BEGINNERS GUIDE
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!
3 YEAR WARRANTY
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.
An Aussie Story
The Ozpig is a clever Aussie invention created by a family with a love of the great outdoors. Hearty appetites and a passion for travel inspired the Shepherd family to develop a unique, multipurpose cooker that offers convenience and endless cooking options.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best