¾ cup self-raising flour
¾ cup plain flour
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons sea salt
- Sieve flours into bowl and add salt, pepper and beer.
- Wisk ingredients to combine into a smooth batter them cover with a tea towel and let sit until needed.
Hot Chips Seasoning
- Add all ingredients to a jar and shake to combine. Store until required.
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
50mL white vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped capers
2 large gherkins chopped
500mL vegetable oil
1 tablespoon chopped dill leaves
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley leaves
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons sea salt
- Add egg yolk, mustard and vinegar to a bowl and combine using a whisk.
- Gradually add oil in a slow and steady stream while whisking until a thick mayonnaise has formed.
- Add the chopped gherkins, capers, and hers and season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
4 large potatoes
2L vegetable oil
1 recipe of seasoning
- Prep your Ozpig for high heat 2. In a wok, pot or camp oven heat vegetable oil to a medium high heat, around 160-170°C.
- Cut potatoes into chips according to your preference. Today I’ve cut them to around 10mm and left the skin on for a rustic result.
- Place potato chips into hot oil and fry for around 3-4 minutes or until softened and just golden. 5. Drain off chips, place onto absorbent paper and allow to cool.
- Bring oil back up to a hotter temperature, around 180-200°C. 7. Place cooled blanched chips pack into hot oil and fry for a further 4-5 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain chips and place onto absorbent paper then season with hot chip seasoning and serve.
Beer Battered Fish
400g your favourite fish fillet, today I’ve used fresh caught snapper
2L vegetable oil
1 recipe beer batter
- Prep the Ozpig for high heat
- In a wok, pot or camp oven heat vegetable oil to a high heat, around 180-190°C.
- Cut fish fillets into 100g pieces, dip into beer batter and remove any excess patter.
- Place battered fish into hot oil and allow to fry for around 5 minutes until batter is crispy, golden brown.
- Drain fish and place on absorbent paper.
- Serve fish with hot chips, tartare sauce, lemon wedges and salad.
Product Specification Table
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm
|26cm diameter round plate &
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
THERE'S AN OZPIG FOR EVERYONE!
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
TIPS AND TRICKS
GET TO KNOW YOUR OZPIG
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.
OZPIG OVEN SMOKER BEGINNERS GUIDE
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!
3 YEAR WARRANTY
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.
An Aussie Story
The Ozpig is a clever Aussie invention created by a family with a love of the great outdoors. Hearty appetites and a passion for travel inspired the Shepherd family to develop a unique, multipurpose cooker that offers convenience and endless cooking options.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best