1 tbsp dried yeast
1 tbsp caster sugar
4 cup (600g) plain flour
1 1/2 cup (375ml) warm milk
2 cup (320g) dried sultanas
1/2 cup (110g) dried cranberries 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg for buttering dough & glazing
125 grams butter, melted
2/3 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp milk
2 drops pink food colouring
- Combine yeast, one teaspoon of the caster sugar, one teaspoon of the flour and milk in small bowl, cover; stand in warm place about 10 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- Place sultanas & cranberries in small saucepan, cover with water; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover; cool 15 minutes.
- Zest lemon & place in container.
- Drain sultanas & cranberries well; combine in container with lemon rind & stir.
- Whisk egg into yeast mixture. Sift remaining flour into large bowl; stir in yeast mixture, cover; stand in warm place about 40 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Knead dough on floured surface 3 minutes or until smooth. Roll dough ito 30cm x 40cm rectangle. Brush with a quarter of the butter; sprinkle with a third of the brown sugar.
- Fold one end of the dough to come two-thirds of the way up dough, fold over top third to cover first fold. Turn dough halfway around to have open ends facing you.
- Roll dough into 30cm x 40cm rectangle. Repeat folding as before, using same amount of butter and brown sugar. Turn dough halfway round; roll to 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- Brush dough with half the remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and all sultanas & cranberries.
- Roll up dough firmly from long side like a swiss roll. Cut dough evenly into slices.
- Oil & add baking paper to 2 x circle cake tins.
- Place buns, cut-side up, in pans. Stand, covered in a bag or plastic wrap, sprinkled with remaining caster sugar in a warm place about 20 minutes or until buns have risen slightly.
- Preheat Ozpig Oven Smoker to 200°C.
- Bush buns with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, 25 - 30min or until golden brown. You will need to swap bottom tray to top tray half way through cooking. Adjustments may be needed to heat.
- Meanwhile, make icing. Sift icing sugar into small bowl; stir in enough milk to form a thin, smooth paste. Tint with pink colouring.
Product Specification Table
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm
|26cm diameter round plate &
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
THERE'S AN OZPIG FOR EVERYONE!
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
TIPS AND TRICKS
GET TO KNOW YOUR OZPIG
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.
OZPIG OVEN SMOKER BEGINNERS GUIDE
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!
3 YEAR WARRANTY
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.
An Aussie Story
The Ozpig is a clever Aussie invention created by a family with a love of the great outdoors. Hearty appetites and a passion for travel inspired the Shepherd family to develop a unique, multipurpose cooker that offers convenience and endless cooking options.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best