2 cups mixed fruit
1 cup pitted prunes (chopped)
½ cup walnuts (chopped)
Juice and rind of one orange
1/3 cup fireball
¼ cup golden syrup
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2/3 cup thickened cream
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp bicarb soda
Fireball Butterscotch Sauce
1 cup brown sugar
80g unsalted (good quality) butter
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1x vanilla bean pod (don’t use the nasty essence stuff)
100ml thickened cream
- Place mixed fruit, prunes, walnuts, orange juice, rind, fireball and syrup into a bowl and combine.
- Mix eggs, cream, nutmeg and bicarb together and then gently fold into fruit mixture.
- Using a 5 cup pudding tin, spray with oil and add in mixture.
- Foil the pudding tin, crunching the edges so no steam can escape and then cover with lid.
- Fire up Ozpig with large saucepan of water and bring to boil (water should come half way up pudding tin).
- Boil for 5hrs (topping up water frequently).
- About an hour before you are ready to eat the pudding, lightly smoke it in the Ozpig Oven Smoker (put a bed of foil underneath the pudding whilst smoking)
- Ensure it is a relatively light (not heavy) smoke, as you just want to warm the pudding and not over-smoke it
- In small saucepan over the Ozpig, melt butter (low heat).
- Add sugar and stir constantly until dissolved.
- Add vanilla bean paste and cream (remove from heat).
- Cover pudding in icing sugar (go heavy!), add raspberries on top (for colour) and then when your guests are ready, zap fireball in microwave for 20 seconds and then pour over pudding and light!
- The icing sugar once combined with the sweet Fireball creates the perfect glaze. Serve with fireball butterscotch sauce!
Product Specification Table
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm
|26cm diameter round plate &
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
THERE'S AN OZPIG FOR EVERYONE!
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
TIPS AND TRICKS
GET TO KNOW YOUR OZPIG
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.
OZPIG OVEN SMOKER BEGINNERS GUIDE
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!
3 YEAR WARRANTY
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.
An Aussie Story
The Ozpig is a clever Aussie invention created by a family with a love of the great outdoors. Hearty appetites and a passion for travel inspired the Shepherd family to develop a unique, multipurpose cooker that offers convenience and endless cooking options.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best