500g Lamb mince
1 brown onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2c fresh bread crumbs
1 tbsp fresh mint, finely shredded
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt & pepper
Turkish Flat Bread
1 pack dry yeast
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp salt
1 ½ cups warm water
½ cup Greek yogurt
4 cups flour
- Finely dice onion and garlic and shred mint.
- Mix all ingredients and form into sausage shapes then feed onto skewers.
- Fire up the Ozpig with with char grill plate.
- Grill your koftas turning often to achieve beautiful char marks on all sides.
- Dissolve the yeast, sugar and salt in the water. Add the water and yogurt to the flour and knead into a dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep in a warm spot. Let prove for 3 hours, the dough will almost triple in size.
- Turn out the dough and divide into 16 equal parts then ball up. Cover again with the damp cloth and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Pin out the dough balls into thin circles.
- Prep the Ozpig for medium to high heat and preheat your pan.
- Cook the flat bread on the first side for around 3 minutes until air bubbles start to form on the surface and the bottom has browned.
- Turn the bread and you'll see a large air pocket start to form, continue cooking for a couple more minutes until browned on both side.
- Stack on a plate as you go and wrap with foil or a cloth to keep warm.
- Prep the Ozpig and your pan/pot for medium heat.
- Rinse your rice to remove excess starch.
- Finely dice onion and garlic.
- Heat the stock (in a separate pan) to a simmer then keep to the side.
- Melt butter and oil then add the orzo. Coat the orzo in the butter and toast for 3-4 minutes, this process will add a slightly nutty flavour to the dish.
- Add the onion and garlic and soften. Add the rice and cook for a few minutes until rice is opaque.
- Add hot stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover with a lid and let cook for around 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and fork the rice. Cover again and hold the temperature on the Ozpig's warming plate.
Once steak has rested for at least the same time it took to cook, slice the meat off the bone and cut into desired thickness.
Serve immediately with the pepper cream cognac sauce.
Product Specification Table
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm
|26cm diameter round plate &
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
THERE'S AN OZPIG FOR EVERYONE!
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
TIPS AND TRICKS
GET TO KNOW YOUR OZPIG
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.
OZPIG OVEN SMOKER BEGINNERS GUIDE
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!
3 YEAR WARRANTY
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.
An Aussie Story
The Ozpig is a clever Aussie invention created by a family with a love of the great outdoors. Hearty appetites and a passion for travel inspired the Shepherd family to develop a unique, multipurpose cooker that offers convenience and endless cooking options.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best