Crusty Bread Rolls
400g hard (bakers) flour
7g dry yeast + bread improver 235ml water
500g thinly sliced scotch fillet
1 white onion, diced
1 green capsicum, large chunks
6 slices provolone cheese
Pickled jalapenos (optional)
Crusty bread roll
Salt & pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until you have a smooth clear dough.
- Turn dough out onto a surface and cut in 2 equal parts. Ball up and let prove for 15-20 minutes covered with a cloth.
- Start prepping your Ozpig and camp oven for fairly high heat.
- Shape up your dough into a long roll shape, brush the top with water and roll in sesame seeds then cut a very shallow slit down the length of the top of the roll and place on your baking tray. Allow to prove again for around 30 minutes covered with a cloth.
- Check the temperature of the camp oven, you want around 240°C. If your good to go, place the roll on the tray on top of a trivet inside the camp oven, give the roll a spray or brush with some water and close the lid. Place some hot coals on top of the lid for some radiant heat from above while baking.
- Allow to bake for around 30 minutes until roll has browned and sounds kind of hollow when tapped on the bottom. Transfer to a rack and allow to cool.
- Dice onion and capsicum, slice pickled jalapeno into slivers, slice the provolone. Cut your roll lengthways almost all the way through.
- Prep the Ozpig and flat iron plates for high heat.
- Season steak with salt, pepper and oil.
- Oil the flat plates. Open up the bread roll and toast the inside surface. Sautee the onions and capsicum.
- Sear the steak for around 2 minutes on each side then chop it up using your metal scraper or spatula.
- Place provolone directly on the hot plate, kind of mix the steak, capsicum and onion then pile on top of the cheese. Using your spatula, scoop the cheesy steak mix into the roll and top with some picked jalapeno.
Product Specification Table
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm
|26cm diameter round plate &
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
THERE'S AN OZPIG FOR EVERYONE!
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
TIPS AND TRICKS
GET TO KNOW YOUR OZPIG
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.
OZPIG OVEN SMOKER BEGINNERS GUIDE
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!
3 YEAR WARRANTY
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.
An Aussie Story
The Ozpig is a clever Aussie invention created by a family with a love of the great outdoors. Hearty appetites and a passion for travel inspired the Shepherd family to develop a unique, multipurpose cooker that offers convenience and endless cooking options.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best