For the beef:
1.5kgs beef brisket
Generous amount Ozpig Beef Rub
For the lime salsa:
½ punnet tomato
½ red capsicum
1 cob corn
Juice of ½ a lime
Zest of 1 lime
For the Chimichurri:
½ cups fresh parsley (leaves and stems)
½ red onion
5 cloves garlic
¾ olive oil
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 ½ tbls white wine vinegar
½ tsp cumin
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp salt
1 box stand and stuff taco shells
1 packet tortillas
½ tub sour cream
½ jar nacho topping
1 cup grated cheese
- Prepare Ozpig Big Pig or Series 2 for cooking, adding smoker.
- Trim fat from brisket, add a generous amount of rub to both sides and allow brisket to reach room temperature.
- Once Ozpig smoker reaches 250˚F place brisket on rack, add in water bath to base of smoker. Smoke for around 6 hours. Spritz every half hour with water. Check the internal temperature every hour till 205˚F. Check and top up water bath at bottom of the smoker during smoking process.
- For the Chimichurri add the following to a bowl- peel and crush garlic, peel and dice onion, chop parsley, measure in olive oil, vinegar, squeezed lemon juice, cumin, oregano, salt and stir. Set aside.
- For the lime salsa - dice capsicum, tomato, avocado, lime zest, squeeze over lime juice, set asideRemove brisket and wrap with foil, then towel and place in esky 40min – 1hr.
- Grill corn, cool, slice off kernels and add to salsa.
- Lightly toast taco shells.
- Unwrap brisket and place in tray and pull.
- To assemble – take wrap or taco shell add salsa, cheese, brisket, chimichurri, nacho topping, sour cream – enjoy!
Product Specification Table
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm
|26cm diameter round plate &
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
THERE'S AN OZPIG FOR EVERYONE!
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
TIPS AND TRICKS
GET TO KNOW YOUR OZPIG
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.
OZPIG OVEN SMOKER BEGINNERS GUIDE
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!
3 YEAR WARRANTY
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.
An Aussie Story
The Ozpig is a clever Aussie invention created by a family with a love of the great outdoors. Hearty appetites and a passion for travel inspired the Shepherd family to develop a unique, multipurpose cooker that offers convenience and endless cooking options.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best