Quick and Easy!
Beef and coconut curry
Category Camp Oven Cooking
Quick and Easy!
- 600 g beef strips (rump, blade or round)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- _ cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup Massaman curry paste
- _ cup water or beef stock
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp Tamarind paste (this can be replaced with lime juice)
- 2 tbsp palm sugar (can be replaced with brown sugar)
- 2 cups green beans cut in half
- _ cup of diced pumpkin
- Preheat your camp oven, add oil then toss in beef strips and cook until golden brown. Do this in 2 to 3 batches and remove from pan.
- Add coconut to the pan and lightly toast,
- Reduce heat to medium and add the curry paste, stir until fragrant.
- Return beef strips to the pan and add fish sauce, tamarind paste, sugar and water or (lime juice and water).
- Return the beef strips to the camp oven and add the green beans and pumpkin, then cook with the lid on for a further 10 to 15 minutes, or until thick and the pumpkin is cooked.
- Serve on a bed of rice
- Assunta�s Tips
- For a mild yet warming flavour � replace Massaman paste with Panang Curry paste. It tastes delicious with different vegetables such as sliced eggplant, zucchini and beans. Red or green curry paste may also be used as another alternative. Replace desiccated coconut with coconut milk.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best