WORLD'S BEST BUTTER CHICKEN
Category Camp Oven Cooking
WORLD'S BEST BUTTER CHICKEN
- 4 chicken thighs, no skin diced
- _ cup olive oil
- pinch salt
- twist pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground, cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground, coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground, garam masala
- 1 teaspoon tumeric, ground
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup cream
- 150gm butter
- Heat a pot to a moderate heat on your Ozpig (or any other heat source), carefully add the oil and chicken, then season the chicken with the salt and pepper, and seal the chicken nice and quickly to keep it juicy.
- Now add the ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric and paprika. Be careful not to get any turmeric on your clothing, it�ll stain anything it touches!
- Sweat for 3 to 4 minutes and continue to stir so that the spices don�t burn on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the tomato passata, cream and butter and stir through thoroughly.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes
- Serve with yoghurt, chopped coriander, lime and pappadams!
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best