Assuntas recipe of the week
Tasty Chicken and Vegetable Stew
Category Camp Oven Cooking
Assuntas recipe of the week
- 4 to 6 chicken legs (wings can also be used)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- good pinch of salt &
- chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 leek (white part only thinly sliced (can be substituted with white onion)
- 1 celery stalk cut into 2 (to be removed before serving)
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 tin Heinz big red tomato soup
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- Dash of white wine, ver juice or water
- 1tbsp Gourmet Garden Basil or Basil pesto
- Hand full of black kalamata olives ( optional)
- This dish is best cooked on very low heat by sitting your pan on the top BBQ plate with the diffuser directly under the pan.
- Lightly coat the chicken legs in flour
- Heat olive oil in your pan, add the chicken legs and brown all over on a low heat.
- Add the sliced leek/onions, carrots, celery, diced garlic and the wine/ver juice or water.
- Combine ingredients well, then cover with lid and continue to cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, add tomato soup and 1/2 cup of water, taste and season with more salt and pepper and basil pesto.
- Add sliced zucchini and olives to the pan and cook until tender
- You can also add 2 bay leaves and or sliced capsicum for a richer taste. Serve with rice, pasta or crusty bread
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best