Quick and Easy
Category Camp Oven Cooking
Quick and Easy
- Chicken pieces (2 to 3 per person) or one chicken cut into pieces
- _ cup plain flour
- 1 packet of French Onion soup
- 425 ml can Apricot halves and juice
- 425 g can Apricot nectar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dust chicken with flour, salt and pepper (use a plastic bag full of the flour, add chicken and shake!).
- Lightly fry the chicken in a little oil and put to one side (un-dusted/un-fried chicken can be used, but the cooking time will be a little longer).
- Place apricot nectar, apricots and juice into a large pot and add the French onion soup. Mix well and add the chicken pieces.
- Bring everything to the boil then cover and simmer for 1 to 1 _ hrs. (Stir every 15 to 20 minutes � you may need to add a little more liquid part way through)
- Note: You can reduce the heat by placing the diffuser underneath the camp oven. For a very slow cook: Move the camp oven down to the side warming plate after 30 minutes. It is important to make sure the camp oven is in contact with the side of the Ozpig to ensure that cooking continues. Rotate the pot every 15 to 20 minutes for even heat distribution.
- Serve with fresh cooked rice or potato mash.
- Replace the tin of apricots and apricot juice with 10 dry apricots soaked in 2 cups of water for _ hour. Replace fresh ginger with Gourmet fresh ginger purchased at a reputable deli. Whenever your recipe call for cooked rice - always cook double the quantity and refrigerate for a quick and easy lunch of fried rice the following day.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best