Our kids love this meal.
Braised Beef in rich mushroom gravy
Category Camp Oven Cooking
Our kids love this meal.
- Approx 1 - 1.5kg Whole Topside or Brisket roast beef (sliced or diced rump or other cuts of beef can be substituted).
- 2 packets of dry french onion soup
- 2 cans of condensed Cream of mushroom soup
- 2 diced onions
- 2 tablespoons of roast meat gravy mix (we use Greens brand, seems to give the best result).
- Heat camp oven on the top of the Ozpig and sear all sides of the beef until brown When meat is browned add diced onion, french onion and mushroom soups.
- Add half soup can of water. Mix well.
- Place lid on camp oven and let simmer away on the Ozpig over a low fire or place camp oven on warming plate to maintain a gentle simmer for around 2 hours or until meat is very tender and starting to fall apart whilst stirring occasionally.
- 15 minutes before roast has finished cooking add 2 tablespoons of gravy mix to thicken.
- To serve, slice beef as with a normal roast beef and spoon sauce on as gravy.
- Serve on a bed of rice or with roast vegies.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best