Mango Fruit cake
Category Camp Oven Cooking
Mango Fruit cake
- You will need a 15cm x 25cm loaf pan for this recipe
- 425g can mango slices in natural juice
- 500g mixed dried fruit
- _ cup water
- 1 _ tsp bicarbonate of soda (sifted)
- 1 _ cup S.R. flour (sifted)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Grease the loaf pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine the undrained mango slices, mixed dried fruit and water in a large pan then bring to the boil.
- Allow mixture to cool and stir in the combined sifted bicarb soda and flour with the eggs.
- Mix everything well, then pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake on slow oven 160C for about 1 hour, or until cooked when tested
- Allow to cool in cake tin before slicing.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best