200g pork mince + 400g beef mince
1 onion (finely grated)
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp white pepper
1 tsp Ozpig Beef Rub
2 tbsp thickened cream
1 cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup plain flour
1¾ cup beef stock
¾ cup thickened creamed
Your favourite pickles (sliced thinly)
Lingonberry jam/sauce (found at speciality grocers)
500g mashing potatoes
¼ cup full cream milk
2 tbsp salted butter
- Combine breadcrumbs, cream, pork and beef mince, onion, nutmeg, salt and white pepper into a large bowl and mix until combined (You can also buy pre-made meatballs from most supermarkets if you’re short on time – just make sure they’re pork and beef, not just beef otherwise they may dry out)
- Form into ping pong ball sized meatballs and thread six onto each skewer (no gaps between meatballs otherwise they are more likely to slide on the skewers).
- Fire up the Ozpig and using a Chargrill plate, barbecue the skewers for 10 minutes (depending on the temp and fire intensity, this time may vary. Simply cook until nicely charred on the outside and when you gently squeeze a meatball it’s firm and bounces back to its original shape. If it squashes…cook it longer).
- Remove cooked meatballs from skewers and toss in hot pan with half the butter until all the meatballs have a lovely browned surface.
- Set meatballs aside into a bowl but do not wash the pan yet!
- Put the pan back onto the Ozpig using the Flat Iron BBQ plate to achieve a medium heat.
- Add the rest of the butter and sprinkle in the flour, mixing until all combined.
- Add beef stock ¼ cup at a time, making sure you scrape any residue left in the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for another minute or two.
- Add cream and season with 1 tsp of Ozpig Beef rub.
- Stir and set aside.
- Cube and boil potatoes until well cooked
- Drain then add milk and butter
- Mash and mash and mash until velvety smooth.
Plate up your mash then cover with meatballs on one side, then jam and pickles on the other. Drizzle with cream sauce – devour!
Product Specification Table
|Specification||Traveller||Series 2||Big Pig|
(ground to top of chimney)
(ground to cooking surface)
(side to side)
|Cooking Surface||35cm x 25cm
|26cm diameter round plate &
34cm x 24cm large plate
|49cm x 21cm
Removable stove top
|Door Opening||26cm Diameter||26cm Diameter||41cm x 16cm|
|Chimney Length||3 x 350mm pieces||3 x 300mm pieces||3 x 450mm pieces|
THERE'S AN OZPIG FOR EVERYONE!
Choosing your Ozpig is just the beginning...
TIPS AND TRICKS
GET TO KNOW YOUR OZPIG
Ozpig stoves are tailor made for the outdoors. We created the Ozpig with a passion for the outdoors and a love for outdoor cooking and heating. With our unique open door, open top design, we have created outdoor stoves that give you flexibility in cooking while maximizing heat for your outdoor space.
OZPIG OVEN SMOKER BEGINNERS GUIDE
We're excited you're joining us on this journey and we want to provide you with expert guidance, tips and tricks. Here at the Ozpig Oven Smoker Beginners Guide, you'll find everything from temperature and time charts, to understanding different types of fuel and how they work. We're glad you're here, simply click the tiles below to get started!
3 YEAR WARRANTY
BUILT TOUGH TO WITHSTAND AUSSIE CONDITIONSThe Ozpig is born and bred in Australia and we know just how tough the conditions can be. With this knowledge behind us we’ve developed a 3 year limited structural warranty to give you piece of mind when it comes to buying your Ozpig. Unlike other cheaper products on the market only offering a 1 year warranty, we stand behind our product and know with the right care, your Ozpig will last as long you. Buy with Ozpig knowing you’re covered.
An Aussie Story
The Ozpig is a clever Aussie invention created by a family with a love of the great outdoors. Hearty appetites and a passion for travel inspired the Shepherd family to develop a unique, multipurpose cooker that offers convenience and endless cooking options.
What our customers say
Exactly what I was looking for- I was looking for something wood-fired and portable that I could take anywhere to boil water and cook a meal on and that could also be my home BBQ. The Pig is simpler and safer than a camp fire and a great back-up at home if everything goes down. I’ve only done BBQs so far and I’m enjoying the added wood-smoke taste. Looking forward to cooking more sophisticated meals down the track.
Series 2 - a genuine belter!Series 2 - a genuine belter! Loving my series 2! During my "burning in" tests it really does belt out some heat, one of the primary reasons for the purchase. Guaging heat, I've cooked a couple of hamburgers and some stove top coffee all with great success. My only suggestion is when you've finally decided to treat yourself to a piggy, super treat yourself and get as many of the accessories as you want at the same time. You'll want to use em and I guarantee you'll go back and buy them anyway. No sell, thats a fact, so go the full hog! (thats a pun) Great service, fast post and I'm genuinely looking forward to the colder weather kicking in.
Great bit of kitWe have the ozpig series 2 under a patio. Only just bought the house and the pig so we haven't got it in a specific final spot just yet. But having these extra offset and pieces helps keep smell and smoke (not that there is much using nice ironbark) definitely recommend this kit for use under a patio. Plus fast and easy postage made buying them easy as. 5 Stars
Big pig - loving itWe love our big pig . It’s so beautiful to sit around having the large opening and we are loving the smoker having started making beef jerky . We had a baby pig but this one is hands down the best